Have you ever wondered how long it might take you to record a given script?
If all you are armed with is a word count, the script of number of lines, have no fear... Edge Studio's voice over words-to-hours converter is here!
Take a look at this reference chart and see if you can make use of the information for your voice over career.
The Voice Over Words-to-Hours Converter
Note well: This is an estimate helper.
This handy-dandy converter for speech, line, word count, and reading time helps you determine HOW LONG THE COMPLETED script will be.
This chart is based upon: 12 point Arial, double-spaced, margin-to-margin.
๏ Average person reads 3 words per second (range is 2 to 4)
๏ Average person reads 88 words per half-minute (range is 60 to 120)
๏ Average person reads 170 words per minute (range is 135 to 215)
๏ Average person reads 10,320 words per hour (range is 8,625 to 12,030)
๏ Average number of lines per page: 21
๏ Average number of lines per 30-second spot: 7.5
๏ Average number of lines per 60-second spot: 15
๏ Average words per line: 13 (range is 8 to 18)
๏ Average words per page: 273 (range is 168 to 378)
๏ Average reading time per line: 4 seconds
๏ Average reading time per page: 85 seconds
Posted: 31 Jan 2011 02:31 AM PST
11 informational sites to help remove mic-pattern mysteries:
1) MICROPHONESETC.COM Understanding Pickup Patterns
2) AUDIOMIDI.COM Microphone patterns and what they mean to you.
3) RECORDING-MICROPHONE.COM Polar Patterns
4) MEDIACOLLEGE.COM Microphone Directional Characteristics
5) SOUNDONSOUND.COM Using Microphone Patterns Effectively
6) MUSCIANSFRIEND.COM How Microphone polar patterns work
7) SUITE101.COM Choosing a Microphone directional pattern
8) PLANETOFTUNES.COM Microphones and Polar Patterns
9) SWEETWATER.COM How to read Microphone frequency chart
10) VOICECOUNCIL.COM Mic Pickup Patterns
11) AUDIOLOGYONLINE.COM Directional Microphone patterns have disadvantages
Honorable Mention: YouTube video of Mic patterns Polar Patterns, Microphones